Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Polyamorous Relationships?


How do you feel about them? I suppose they could work for some people. My friend Dan from work talked to me about his preference for them at length the last time we all went out for a drink. At first I was disturbed, and then intrigued.

He claims that almost all of the relationships he has been in have been polyamorous. He doesn't date many people at once, but he and his girlfriend of the moment will engage in three or more-somes regularly. When he is even interested in a girl he brings up the subject before things get serious. Only if the girl is really special (read: extremely HOT) will he continue to date a girl that wouldn't be interested.

I decided that if I were going to be any part of that situation it would be best to be the "visitor." Of course there's always that chance that feelings could get in the way, which is probably why when he asked me, I was otherwise engaged. :)


No comments: